This year each dancer will be auditioning their group dances in order to participate in each competition. If a dancer is not ready to perform with the rest of the group (e.g., falling out of turns, not having emotion, forgetting choreography, not straightening knees, etc.), then that dancer will not be competing. Audition weeks will happen the week before every fee due date, so that parents will know to adjust the fee amount, if needed. Weeks before each audition week, we will let the dancer know what they need to work on.
If money for each competition is not received by the due date, the dancer will not be participating. We will not accept late competition payments.
Company Members Attire for 2018-2019 Season
The basics for entire season:
Black company leotard (Standing Ovation
Pink ballet tights (Standing Ovation
Pink Ballet shoes (Standing Ovation
Tan Capezio neoflex jazz shoes (Standing Ovation
Black Katrina booty shorts “Chop short” Katrina Wear
Black tap shoes (Standing Ovation
Bun Maker (Walgreens or Wal-Mart)
Company jacket adult sizes “Define Jacket” in black (Lululemon.com
Company jacket kid sizes “Perfect your practice” jacket in black (ivivva.com
Competition Rules for PARENTS and Dancers:
- If your dancer has a solo, please have her music on your phone so you can go over her dance while she is waiting for instructors to run through the routine with her. Hint: don't stress over getting your dancer prepared (clothing, hair, makeup) and stretched. If you stress out, your dancer will stress out. If you're calm, your dancer will be calm!
- Do not rush to get an act on stage. All competition schedules are subject to change. Be aware that a dance could go on stage earlier than planned. We WILL NOT WAIT for a family member to arrive before putting a dance on stage. Likewise, if your dancer is the first performer for each day of competition, your dancer must be dressed and ready when the doors open, which could one- to two-hours before the first dance is listed to start. Otherwise, your dancer must be COMPLETELY dressed and ready two hours before her performance throughout the competition. Schedules are subject to change.
- Make sure your dancer has ALL necessary items required for each dance, and that they are LABELLED. Not having all necessary items may result in a dancer NOT PARTICIPATING in that dance. Dancer must arrive two hours early, dressed and ready to perform -- THE SCHEDULE MAY CHANGE.
- DO NOT EVER WASH COSTUMES.
- In the dressing room, do not move anyone's items without permission. Further, stay out of the dressing room unless you must be in there to assist the dancer, then leave when you are done. Do not leave valuable items unattended in the dressing room (e.g., jewelry, laptops, money, etc.). No men or boys are allowed in the dressing room. Pay attention to signs such as "No Food". Make sure items are turned off or unplugged. Dancers must have permission from Kristin before leaving the dressing room to watch other dances.
- Once your dancer is ready and warmed up, parents should sit in the audience with other Studio parents (i.e., not with instructors or dancers). Support and cheer for all Studio performances, whether or not your child is part of that performance. Dancers and parents are representing the Studio.
- Please bring plenty of (healthy) snacks and drinks for your dancer to have throughout the day. Do not allow your dancer to eat or drink while in costume unless the costume is completely covered. (See above rule that costumes CANNOT BE WASHED.) If you must take your dancer off-site to eat, you must be back at the competition site **one hour before the next performance**. WE DO NOT HAVE TIME TO TRACK YOU DOWN.
- All dancers must be present and sit together during the award ceremony. One designated person from each dance (whether duet, trio, group dance) will receive the award. This person may change for each award. Soloists will receive her own award. All awards (ribbons, trophies, certificates) MUST be handed to Kristin after ceremony.
- All money awarded to duets, trios, and group acts will be given to the Studio to go towards future choreography fees, music, travel expenses, etc. All money awarded to soloists will be given to the soloist AFTER it is recorded at the Studio. Please hand money awards to Kristin IMMEDIATELY following the award ceremony.
- How to get you, your dancer, your family, and perhaps even the entire Studio disqualified from the competition:
- Being rude and/or disrespectful to other Studio dancers, parents, or teachers.
- Embarrassing your child with yelling, arguing, anger.
- Not paying attention to the photographer or video rules (see #h below).
- Speaking negatively about (trash-talking) other dancers, parents, routines, costumes -- not only in public competition areas, but also in the dressing rooms.
- Being disruptive and talking loudly during Studio or other routines.
- Publicly demonstrating your anger during award ceremony or with your dancer's placement.
- Cell phone ringing and/or talking on cell phone during performances.
- Not paying attention to photo/video rules. IF ORGANIZERS FIND PARENTS/FAMILY OF PERFORMER DISOBEYING PHOTO/VIDEO RULES, THE ENTIRE STUDIO CAN BE DISQUALIFIED.
- No dancer will participate in that competition if tuition and fees are not current.
Absolutely NO COLORED FINGER OR TOE NAIL POLISH ALLOWED. French manicure or clear polish is acceptable.
We suggest practicing the hair styles a day or two before the show if you are not sure if your child's hair will hold up.